South Australia’s largest independent residential real estate agency and the most highly awarded in the nation was founded by Anthony Toop. It has become a national icon in marketing and selling in the residential real estate industry having won National Real Estate Agency of the Year in 2007 and is the only real estate agency in the industry’s REISA Hall of Fame. Toop&Toop is also the only real estate agency in the Family Business Association Hall of Fame as an iconic business in South Australia. Founded by Anthony in 1985 has won virtually every major state and national business award since 1993 - and has received recognition both nationally and internationally for achievements in business excellence.
In April 2009 Anthony was recognized nationally by the Real Estate Institute of Australia by receiving the nations “Community Service Award” for work done with charities and with the community. He also received the “Young Presidents Organization (YPO) Long Life Leadership” regional recognition in December 2008 the “Legacy Honour 2008”.
Anthony has many passions - his family, his vineyard, his charity work, and his Harley are all amongst the things he treasures most. He is well known for his various crossings of the USA on Harley Davidson motor bikes and raising awareness and money for charities. Alongside these things, he has always had a passion to set new standards in technology and business practice within the real estate industry winning every “National Industry” award since inception 4 years ago for “Innovation”.
Rarely will you see Anthony Toop sit still for five minutes - he is also a director of Port Adelaide Football Club, on the Executive of YPO, the board of “Common Ground”, “Operations Flinders”, “Flinders Foundation”, Governor of “AMCHAM” and a member of “realestate.com.au National Industry Advisory Council”.
8 May 1985 - present
- Managing Director of Toop&Toop Real Estate.
- Managing Director of Battunga Vineyard.
1981 - May 1985
- Residential Sales Person for Kain & Zecevich Real Estate.
- Kaze Constructions (building contracts) of North East Road Windsor Gardens.
1977 - 1981
- Sales Person for Home Market and Real Estate Services of 1285 North East Road, Tea Tree Gully.
1974 - 1977
- Electrician for Toop’s Electrical of Main Street, Peterborough.
CURRENT POSITIONS HELD
- Chair - Variety V2 Classic (Variety Club classic motorbike "bash" fundraiser).
- Director - Common Ground (a non-profit housing and community development organisation for the state’s homeless).
- Director - Port Adelaide Football Club.
- Past Chapter Chair YPO (Young Presidents Organisation).
- Exec of Adelaide Chapter YPO.
- Member WPO (World Presidents Organisation).
- Advisory board member - Operation Flinders (a foundation operating a program for young offenders and youth at risk) Flinders University Fundraising Advisory.
- Flinders Foundation - Flinders fundraising advisory committee.
- Committee Governor - American Chamber of Commerce (AMCHAM).
- REAIAC realestate.com.au Industry Advisory Council (South Australia’s representative for realestate.com.au).
- Life Member - Society of Auctioneers and Appraisers SA.
- Fellow - Real Estate Institute of Australia.
- Real Estate Certificate and Registered Land Agent.
- Registered Training Officer.
- Auctioneer and Life Member - Society of Auctioneers and Appraisers.
- Builders Licence (Space Heating Air Conditioning and General Repairs).
- 2004-2007 YPO Young Presidents Organisation CEO, Education Chair, Chapter Chair Training.
- 1998-2004 TEC - The Executive Connection CEO Training and Coaching.
- 1983-1986 Institute of Technology (50% Property Resource Management - Valuation).
- Trained Moderator.
- High performance real estate sales person with advanced marketing and negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to manage a small team, through to a large team of staff.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver on promises to all stake holders over a long period of time and on all manner of business activities.
- Independent thinker and focused on continual improvement, first real estate in Australia to achieve ISO 9001 Quality Accreditation in 1995.
- Highly skilled at media presentations, with a real estate radio show continuously on air for 15 years.
- Experienced International and National Public speaking, attract high level appearance fees in recent years.
- Key note speaker on Real Estate Matters for Real Estate Institutes and Private organisations around Australia.
- Competent Chair of Boards, extensive track record of running meetings.
- Well known and connected in Government circles on both sides of power, business and charity organizations.
- High profile Realtor on National level with high profile national awards.
- Years of key note speaking and training engagements.
- Auctioneer. Established the Golden Gavel Awards and authored the Art of Auction Training program.
- Extensive experience with Institutions and previous President of Auctioneers and Appraisers Society 1983 to 1985. (First meeting as President there was a motion to wind it up. In just two years the board turned Society around with Art of Auction Video written and launched, Golden Gavel Awards Launched, Society Documents launched, and Major sponsors secured during my term as president).
- YPO SA Chapter Legacy Honour 2008.
- Winner REIA Innovation Award and Community Service Award 2009.
- Induction into the Australian Family Business Hall of Fame 2005.
- First Agent in Australia to achieve ISO 9001 Quality Accreditation.
- Winner of YPO International Education Award for Best Small Chapter Education Program.
- Winner of YPO International Best Multiple Chapter Event.
- Two National Customer Service Awards.
- Australia Day Business Award 2000.
- National Real Estate Awards.
- Telstra Business Awards 1997 & 2007.
- Has two beautiful daughters.
- Hears the girls want to come back to Adelaide, into Toop&Toop and work with their Mum & Dad.
- Married Sylvia 19th April 1980 at Prince Alfred College School Chapel.
- Great relationship with his team of staff.