Yes you’ve heard it before mother of 4 starts new retail concept Boost Juice. It explodes she makes a bucketful of money and everything’s just dandy. Or is it?
The truth is it’s been 10 years of relentless pressure on a woman with no formal business training but a brilliant simple approach to solving the myriad of problems she has been faced with in getting Boost to where it is today. Being underestimated has been one her great strengths and has utilized all her natural abilities to achieve the unthinkable.
Janine’s leadership style is natural, warm, giving and extremely demanding, that has created a high performance culture in her business, which has achieved amazing results.
Janine Allis is Founder and Managing Director of Boost Juice Bars – Which has more outlets in more countries than any other juice bar in the world. Boost Juice is well on the way to achieving their aim of being the ‘worlds most loved & favorite brand’.
Janine and her team have grown the innovative youth-based business from one store in Adelaide, South Australia to over 250 stores in Australia, Chile, Indonesia, Singapore, South Africa, UK, China, Dubai, Estonia, Lithuania, Macau, and Kuwait. Thailand and South Korea are set to open their first stores this year. Boost stores has over 5000 employees under their banner, and turns over more than 130 million dollars per year.
Janine has experience across a wide range of industries. Previously she worked as a publicist in the arts and entertainment industries, a cinema manager in Australia and Singapore, an advertising executive and as head stewardess on David Bowie’s yacht.
Being a working mother of four she is an advocate for healthy eating and living. With a hectic urban lifestyle in Melbourne, Janine understands first hand the demands life can put on an individual.
Janine’s desire to own her own business led her to look at the retail market and review what the market was lacking as a consumer. Janine and her husband Jeff trialed a number of businesses like publishing and touring comedians, but nothing truly got the business juices flowing. That was until they noticed there was a lack of truly healthy fast food in the market place. Janine did extensive research world-wide and started to develop a business concept that was different to anything else in the world. Her vision was to do retailing differently, delivering a unique customer experience based on the “love life” philosophy of Boost.
Boost has won numerous prestigious awards, over the years including, being inducted into the “My Business” Hall of Fame, ARA Retailer of the Year in 2007 and Amex Franchisor of the Year in 2005. In 2004 Janine was also recognised as Telstra Australia Business Women of the Year, just to name a few.
Today Janine is the Managing Director of Boost Juice Bars. She is a perpetual student, surrounding herself with amazing business people and soaking up ideas like a sponge. One of her greatest strengths is her ability to see her faults and ensure that the people around her compliment each other to guarantee that the Boost leadership team is strong and built for success. “At the end of the day we have to try to keep life and business simple”, she says. “And enjoy the journey as much as the results”.
Boost is an amazing success story.
BOOST JUICE BARS FAST FACTS
- Janine is 44 years old and now works alongside her husband Jeff Allis. They have four children Samuel (19), Oliver (12), Riley (11) and Tahlia (17 mths) and live in Victoria.
- Started in 2000 from the kitchen table in the suburbs of Melbourne Australia.
- Janine started out at 17 years old had a number of career changes in her working (and playing) life, from her first job as media assistant at advertising agency McCann-Erickson, she then tried her hand at modelling, was an assistant manager in a gym, a nanny in France, a promotions person in Portugal, a camp councillor in the USA, stewardess on David Bowie’s yacht in the Mediterranean (now that was fun!), was a senior manager for a cinema chain that launched in Singapore, was a publicist for United International Pictures, again rubbing shoulders with famous actors and directors, a publisher, an author, touring agent for comedians from the USA and now BOOST JUICE BARS. There are some interesting stories in that lot!
- Currently Boost sells over 1 million juices and smoothies every month and goes through more than 50 tonnes of mangoes each year.
- Janine is an advocate for a healthy lifestyle with doing a 5 day per week yoga practice as well as a very average surfer and tennis player....... but loves it.
“Thank you so much for this morning – Janine is a true inspiration and I left feeling invigorated, motivated, and willing to say ‘yes!’. I hope that I can do amazing things like Janine. I would recommend (and will) this seminar/breakfast to anyone and everyone.”
Georgia Smith – Elders Limited
From Australian Institute of Management SA – Breakfast Seminar